Fire Station Tours
Tour Your Local Fire Station!
Tours of your local fire station are available upon request. Station tours last approximately 20 minutes and include viewing the fire engine and fire fighting equipment, as well as talking to the firefighters about their job.
Why Tour the Fire Station?
- A tour of the Fire Station can help you understand that our Firefighters work a 24 hour shift and they live at the fire house.
- You can tour the trucks. There is a great deal of equipment on the trucks and the firefighters can explain what it is all about, what type of call it is used for, and how it is used.
- You can gain an understand ing of the firefighters' gear. A firefighter can put on the gear, including the face mask, to show children not to be afraid.
- You may be a Scout working on a badge. Boys and girls who are working on fire prevention, emergency awareness, or first aid badges can come tour the station to earn these. It might not all be done it one visit - but that's okay, just schedule to come back again!
- Home school groups, or church youth groups may want to learn more about their community and the services the firefighters provide. Many don't realize that we are first responders, not just firefighters. This means all firefighters are trained to respond to medical emergencies, vehicle accidents, and more.
To schedule a Station Visit, please email: email@example.com with the following information. Name, Street Address, Name of Group or Organization, Phone Number, Email Address, Date requested, Number of Guests.
Tours are scheduled on a first come, first served basis after approval from the on-duty Captain. If your request is approved you will receive and email confirmation; otherwise we will contact you to make different arrangements.